The Protocol Converter UNIGATE CL connects devices such as automation components via their serial interfaces to the required ﬁeldbus or industrial Ethernet standard. RS232, RS485 and RS422 interfaces are on Board as a standard feature.
The communication between the serial side and the bus takes place either through the device conﬁguration and a selection of the commercially available protocol, such as Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU (Master or slave), 3964 (R) (e. g. for RK512) or the device is controlled by a script for protocols such as DIN measuring bus, DIN 19244 or other proprietary protocols.
This Script is created with the free PC tool, ‘Protocol Developer’. You decide whether you want to program the Script yourself or hire Deutschmann Automation to do so.
UNIGATE CL – overview
– Available for most fieldbus and Industrial Ethernet versions
– RS232, RS485- and RS422 interfaces are on Board
– When using the RS485 interface, multiple terminal devices can be used on a Protocol Converter
– Same design on the serial side in all bus versions
– The fieldbus or Ethernet side meets the standards, respectively the standard market models.
– Brand labeling
– Adaptation of the terminal device firmware is not required
– Modern, slim DINrail
– Same dimensions in all bus variants
– Wide voltage rane from 10 to 33 VDC
– Built-in isolation on the bus side, optionally on the serial side
– Configuration of the module via configuration tool WINGATE
– Modbus RTU (Master/Slave)
– Modbus ASCII (Master/Slave)
– up to 24 Modbus requests configurable
– 3964(R) protocol
– Transparent protocol
– SSI protocol for transducer (gray code or binary code)
– Pre-configured according to customer
– Free programming with Protocol Developer (Deutschmann Script language)
– Replica of proprietary protocols
– Additional debug interface on board