The powerful all-in-one bus nodes UNIGATE IC2 are based on the ARM Cortex-M4 processor technology and thus offer a significant performance leap compared to the proven UNIGATE IC series from Deutschmann.
The pre-certified embedded communication interfaces can be directly integrated into the electronics of the terminal device. Changes in the firmware of the terminal device are not necessary.
The bus nodes can be programmed via the Deutschmann Automation developed script language. Therefore, more complex applications, which cannot be presented via a pure configuration, can be mapped. The Protocol Developer is a free tool for the generation of the script. It is easy to use and specifically optimized to bus communication. The scripts run on all UNIGATE IC variants.
Available variants: EtherCAT, Fast Ethernet, PROFIBUS, PROFINET. Further variants will follow.
*UNIGATE IC2 – overview*
* 70-80% reduced development effort
* Optimized Time-to-Market
* Assembly consists of standard components
* Connection to the host processor via UART-interface or SPI
* Expandable via the shift register interface
* Stand-alone-mode (without processor applications)
* LED activation, read-in of switch positions
* Analog/digital converter (e.g. analog sensor, 4…20mA current loop)
* Easy integration
* Flexible connection with Deutschmann script language
* Script execution time can be reduced by a factor of 50 to 80
* Development of several Fieldbus / Industrial Ethernet protocols with one development